Below is a recipe of a creamy lentil soup.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve puree the soup. This step can be skipped if you don't want a smooth soup
- Stir in spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.
The original recipe taken from All Recipes site.