Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lasagna

Print Friendly and PDF
When I lived with my parents both me and my sister used to wait on days few days a year that my mum cooked lasagna. Usually my mum cooked it around Christmas time and I have no idea why she didn't prepare it more often since we all loved it at home!

My friend last week asked me about the dish with layers of pasta and meat. I think she wanted the below recipe.
Ingredients
  • 1 large onion (cut into small pieces)
  • 4 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1 carrot (sliced)
  • 1 celery leaves stalk (cut into pieces)
  • olive oil or butter
  • 400-500g minced meat (pork or beef). Possibly you could also mix minced meat with a beef fillet.
  • 1 can tomato polpa
  • 1tbsp tomato concentrate
  • 1 chicken stock cube
  • pepper
  • salt
  • 1/4tsp fresh or dried basil
  • a pinch of oregano
  • Lasagna pasta
  • Bescamella
  • Grated parmeggiano cheese (or a cheese of prefereed taste)



Method
  • Sautee the onion, garlic, carrot and celery in some olive oil or butter
  • Add meat
  • When meat is ready add tomato polpa and concentrate, chicken stock/cube, basil and oregano
  • Add salt and pepper to taste
  • Sautee until the liquid dries out a bit but not completely
  • Boil lasagna leaving it slightly hard (harder then al dente)
  • Apply butter to an oven dish
  • Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of the dish
  • Add a layer of lasagna on top
  • Add another layer of sauce
  • Add a layer of bescamella bescamella
  • Add grated cheese
  • Add another layer of lasagna, sauce, bescamella and cheese
  • Add another layer of lasagna (skontru/oppsite direction)
  • Finish with a bit of mixed sauce and bescamella and then cheese
  • Cook in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for around 20-30mins
You can wait for around an hour before you place in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...