My recipe is a quicker and modified version from the original but it tastes just as quick.
Recipe Origin: Celt Net
- 300g canned peas. You can substitute with dried peas but then you should soak the peas for at least 5 hours.
- 100g finely chopped onions
- curry powder
- 1 egg
- 750g puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and fry until golden (about 8 minutes)
- Add the peas, mix thoroughly then season with salt, black pepper and curry powder, to taste.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C.
- Roll out the pastry thinly.
- Cut out circles about 9cm in diameter from the pastry then brush the edges with egg wash.
- Put some of the pea mixture in each (offset from the centre)
- Fold the pastry circle in half and seal the edges together.
- Transfer to a lightly-greased baking tray then brush the tops with egg wash.
- Transfer to an oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm.