An affogato is an Italian dessert in which ice cream is drowned into espresso. This dessert is very easy to make and tastes delicious. The only necessarily ingredients are ice cream and coffee, while all other ingredients are options. I have added a liqueur (Amaretto), some Ameretti and chocolate to add the crunch and caramel since it's just so good!
- Ice cream (I used coffee ice cream with caramel swirls)
- Amaretti biscuits
- Amaretto or Kahlua or Tia Maria
- Chocolate (milk, white or pure or if you prefer a mix of all tastes)
- Pour a liqueur shot in each of the serving glasses.
- Chop the chocolate pieces and the Amaretto biscuits.
- Prepare between half or one espresso shot for each serving glass.
- Place a couple of scoops of ice cream in the glass and top with the chocolate and biscuits mix.
- Pour the espresso over the ice cream.
- Top off with caramel.
- Serve immediately since the coffee melts the ice cream quickly.