This recipe was taken from the April 2010 Allerhande magazine. It's a salmon pie, shaped like a fish. The shape was what caught my attention!
- pastry for pie
- 600g salmon fillet
- 125ml sour cream
- 1 tbs mustard
- 15g fresh dille finely cut
- 1 shallot/onion
- 1 egg slightly whisked
- 2 cucumbers
- 100g butter
- baking paper
- Heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the pastry so that it's 8cm longer than the fillet
- Place the fillet on the pastry.
- Mix the sour cream, mustard, pepper and dill together.
- Chop the shallot and add to mixture.
- Cover the fish fillet with the mixture.
- Add egg to the borders of the pastry.
- Cover the pie with another layer of pastry.
- If you have patience shape in a fish shape.
- Cover the pastry with egg.
- Put in oven for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumbers and cut into thin slices.
- Boil some water, take away from heat and add cucumbers for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the cucumbers for around 5 minutes