The result was a bit messy but they do taste really good.
Source of recipe: Cherry Tea Cakes
- 100 grams egg whites (around 3-4 eggs)
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 200 grams icing powdered
- 110 grams ground almonds (or blanched or whole)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom<
- Whip the egg whites into a foam and slowly add the sugar.
- Pulse the icing sugar, cardamon and almonds until smooth.
- Fold part of the almond mixture into the egg whites.
- Continue adding the almond mixture to the egg whites while folding.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pipe the pastry into a 1 inch diameter circles on the baking sheets.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the macarons for around 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let cool down.
- Very gently remove the macrons from the parchment by using a paring knife or a spatula.
- Fill with lemon butter cream.
Lemon Butter Cream
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavour or 3 teaspoons lemon curd
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Mix butter and lemon flavouring until creamy.
- Then mix in icing sugar until the mixture gets white.