Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chocolate pancakes

Print Friendly and PDF
I had never tried to prepare pancakes up until last Christmas my sister prepared these for brunch. They were absolutely delicious. Later on I tried these at home, but luckily my boyfriend was around to prepare the pancakes since the ones I was preparing were sticking to the pan!

Ingredients

Pancakes
  • 140g flour
  • 1tbsp/15ml cocoa powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1tsp/5ml sunflower oil
  • 310ml milk
Mix all ingredients together

Filling
  • 3 bananas
  • 1 orange
  • 1 orange rind
  • 6tbsp orange juice or banana flavour liquor
Hot Chocolate Sauce
  • 1tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2tsps corn flour
  • 3tbsp milk
  • 42g dark chocolate
  • 1tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup (125ml) light corn sytup
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
Mix all together while heating

Steps

  • Use a non-stick pan. If non-stick add salt, heat for 5 minutes and then clean
  • Use oil to smear on pan
  • Warm up pan
  • Smear oil with each pancake

Origin of recipe

This recipe was obtained from my sister after I had proofed it on Christmas day!

This recipe serves 6.

Tip

If you remove the cocoa powder this will become a savoury pancake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...