In the weekend we usually prepare special breakfasts instead of the usual cereal & milk or yoghurt. The below recipe looks really cute apart from tasting good as well.
I had tried the recipe I found online sometime ago, but this time round I substituted bacon with chorizo since that was available at home and I can't say I regretted the change in ingredient.
Makes: 4 nests (2 nests per person)
- 4 slices of toast bread
- 4 slices of chorizo (or bacon if you prefer)
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of young cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1tsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut circles in the bread slices around 3 inches in diameter. You can use a cookie cutter or else just press an upside down glass and cut round the edges.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter.
- Press the bread circles in the muffin pan.
- Cook chorizo in a pan for a minute.
- Press the chorizo on top of the bread circles.
- Cut the slices of cheese in half and place on top of the bacon.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven for 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven.
- Crack an egg and seperate out most of the egg white.
- Drop the egg in one of the cups.
- Repeat process for all cups.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spoon to pop the nests out.
- Serve directly.
Recipe Origin: The Noshery